ATTENDED BY :
VENUE PRINCE PALACE HOTEL
VENUE PRINCE PALACE HOTEL
Delegates of Asia Youth International Model United Nations 2018 is targeting 2000 delegates, which consist of:
- Youth with maximum age of 25 years old from across the globe
- Students in High School/University or graduates of High School/University
- Or Youth who are enrolled in International Organizations/Institutions/Companies.
Asia Youth International Grand Symposium
SERIES OF ACTIVITIES
Delegates of AYIMUN 2018 will be warmly welcomed in Day 1 with an opening ceremony in which a number of agenda will be held. Opening Ceremony will have social event which will contain non-formal activities including:
1. Diplomatic Dinner
Delegates will be having dinner together with other delegates from their own councils, as a preliminary stage to get to know each other and expand the networking of the delegates. Delegates will begin to experience multiculturalism through committee dinner, as they will meet other delegates from foreign countries.
2. MUN 101 AYIMUN
provides MUN 101 and Zero Conference before the committee sessions start, in order for the delegates to learn how MUN works and to understand the Rules of Procedure deeper. This MUN 101 and Zero Conference will be assisted by our Board of Dais. They will explain and teach the delegates step-by-step procedure of the MUN and they will be discussing fun topics in the Zero Conference!
3. Entertainment Session
To make the evening lively, there will be some entertainment sessions during the event. Be it another cultural performance, contemporary performance, or fun ice breaking, the delegates will be able to enjoy the moment through the evening.
Delegates will be required to follow a series of Meeting Sessions. Meeting Session is a formal session in which assigned delegates will discuss about certain issue in each council. In this session, there will be fruitful debates and heated negotiations upon the discussion of each topic throughout the committee sessions in this year as AYIMUN. Delegates will be moderated by Board of Dais during the committee session to ensure that the flow of discussion will result in a comprehensive resolution which will be condensed from every solution and idea that the delegates bring.
ASIA YOUTH INTERNATIONAL GRAND SYMPOSIUM
AYIMUN will provide a day long symposium with topics Youth On Pursuing Global Peace Through Diplomacy. This session helps the delegates to gain a complete understanding about the importance of diplomacy rather than using military arms to reach peace. There will be some outstanding speakers from different background and institution at the international level. The speakers will discuss about the recent issues regarding to some topics in each council. The purpose of this symposium is to allow all delegates to understand about current International issues and how to come up with those issues through diplomacy.
BANGKOK CITY TOUR
The Bangkok City Tour is held in order to explore more about Bangkok and to refresh delegates’ minds after the meetings sessions. Delegates are expected to enjoy the magnificent culture destinations in Bangkok. The delegates will get chances to visit only 3 places out of 6. The destinations are:
- Wat Pho (The Temple of the Reclining Buddha). Wat Pho was built as a restoration of an earlier temple on the same site, Wat Phodharam, with work beginning in 1788. It was restored and extended in the reign of King Rama III (1824-51), and restored again in 1982. Wat Pho (The Temple of the Reclining Buddha), or Wat Phra Chetuphon, is located behind the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and a must-do for any first-time visitor in Bangkok. It's one of the largest temple complexes in the city and famed for its giant reclining Buddha that measures 46 meters long and is covered in gold leaf.
- Wat Arun. Wat Arun was envisioned by King Taksin in 1768. It is believed that after fighting his way out of Ayutthaya, which was taken over by a Burmese army at the time, he arrived at this temple just as dawn was breaking. Wat Arun, locally known as Wat Chaeng, is situated on the west (Thonburi) bank of the Chao Phraya River. It is easily one of the most stunning temples in Bangkok, not only because of its riverside location, but also because the design is very different to the other temples you can visit in Bangkok. Wat Arun (or temple of the dawn) is partly made up of colourfully decorated spires and stands majestically over the water.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market. A huge market about 35 acres, with 27 sections in all, Many shops more than 10,000 shops and stalls offering a wide range of products from Thai handicrafts, handmade products, clothing, accessories, arts and painting, house decorations, households, souvenirs and gifts, pets, plants and book.
- Erawan Museum Delegates will visit the Erawan Museum which one of Thai Culture and history at two inspiring Bangkok attractions. Explore over 200 acres of beautiful Thai culture, architecture and history at Ancient SiamAt. A huge complex of buildings come together to recreate ancient Thailand at Ancient Siam, get a special insight into Thai culture and religion at the Erawan Museum and Be greeted by a colossal threeheaded elephant statue that stands over the entire Erawan Museum. All inside and out, it's a fascinating space and well worth a visit.
- Wat Saket Wat Saket or the Temple of the Golden Mount, Bangkok, is an ancient temple dating back to the Ayutthaya Period. Previously called Wat Sakae, the name was changed to Wat Saket during the reign of King Rama I. The Golden Mount, built under the rule of King Rama V, is 77 meters tall and at the top reside many of Buddhist relics found at Kapilavastu ancient city.
- Lumpini Park Lumpini Park is an inner-city haven of tranquility, fresh air and shade - offering city dwellers the perfect connection to nature. Named after the birthplace of the Lord Buddha in Nepal, the park is more than half a million square metres big, and the habitat of various flora and fauna. Historically, it dates back to the 1920s and was set to be an exhibition centre for Thai crafts and flower displays. Although this original vision was never fulfilled, Lumpini Park has over the years grown into the endearing centre for outdoor leisure activities for Bangkokians, who would convene before and after sunset to enjoy a round of jog, light workout, aerobics and a host of other recreational activities.
Delegates will have the opportunity to showcase the cultures of their origin countries, by performing traditional songs, dances, and other attractions in the main stage.
DAY 1, NOVEMBER 3rd 2018
|11.00 AM – 02.00 PM||Airport Assistance|
– DMK (Don Mueang International Airport)
|12.00 PM – 03.00 PM||Depart to hotel|
|01.00 P.M – 04.00 P.M||Registration for full accommodation delegates Hotel check-in|
|05.30 P.M||Re-registration for Opening Ceremony|
|06.00 P.M – 06.10 P.M||Opening remarks|
|06.10 P.M – 06.30 P.M||Keynote Speaker|
|06.30 P.M – 07.20 P.M||Grand Symposium|
|07.20 P.M – 08.00 P.M||Special Session for Ambassador|
|08.00 P.M – 08.30 P.M||Dinner|
|08.30 P.M – 08.40 P.M||Introduction to Chair-Co Chair|
|08.40 P.M – 09.40 P.M||MUN 101|
|09.40 P.M – 09.50 P.M||Additional information Announcement|
|09.50 P.M – 10.00 P.M||Closing|
DAY 2, NOVEMBER 4th 2018
|07.30 A.M – 08.00 A.M||Registration per council|
08.00 AM – 10.00 AM
|Meeting Session 1|
|10.00 A.M – 10.15 A.M||Coffee Break|
|10.15 A.M – 12.00 P.M||Meeting Session 2|
|12.00 P.M – 01.00 P.M||Lunch|
01.00 P.M – 03.00 P.M
Meeting Session 3
03.30 P.M – 06.00 P.M
Meeting Session 4
04.45 P.M – 05.00 P.M
06.00 P.M – 08.00 P.M
Meeting Session 5
DAY 3, NOVEMBER 5th 2018
|07.00 A.M – 07.30 A.M||Preparation|
|07.00 A.M – 07.30 A.M||Departure Time – Bangkok City Tour|
|08.00 A.M – 03.00 P.M||Bangkok City Tour*:|
Wat Benchamabophit, Erawan Museum, Wat Saket
03.00 P.M – 03.30 P.M
Back to Hotel
03.30 P.M – 05.00 P.M
Rehearsal for Cultural Performers Preparation
Registration for Closing Ceremony/Cultural Performance
06.00 P.M – 06.10 P.M
06.10 P.M – 07.10 P.M
07.10 P.M – 08.00 P.M
08.00 P.M – 09.00 P.M
09.00 P.M – 09.10 P.M
09.10 P.M – 09.30 P.M
DAY 4, NOVEMBER 6th 2018
|09.00 AM – 11.00 AM||Check Out|
|09.00 A.M – 11.00 A.M||Airport Assistance|