1. Application Overview
- AYIMUN is committed to connecting youth leaders of the world. We are encouraging youth leaders who are ready to tackle the world issues by contributing in ideas and solutions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. This year AYIMUN is back with 17 councils, 12 hours total of meeting session, more than 2000 delegates expected, enormous 135,000 sqm convention center, seven meeting sessions, prestigious diplomatic dinner, and awesome inspiring speakers.
Country and Council Assignment
- Country and council assignments are determined by a variety of factors, including motivation letter, Model United Nations experience and quota of council. If you are not assigned in one of the councils you requested, delegates will be allocated in their second or third council preferences. However, If the quota is full the committee has the right to allocate to the other council.
Putrajaya is Malaysia’s third and latest Federal Territory. Built on an expensive marshland and former oil palm estate in Selangor, the city spans an area of almost 5,000 hectares and lies 25 km from Kuala Lumpur. Putrajaya takes over the administrative functions of the capital city Kuala Lumpur and is part of the Multimedia Super Corridor project of the Malaysian government. Much organisation and planning have gone into the development of Putrajaya as a modern city with the latest communication technologies and progressive infrastructure. The streets are elegantly designed with a European feel, along with well-paved roads while the government buildings are a blend of modern architecture with Islamic arts. Commercial, authoritative and residential areas have been divided into precincts that blend into each other cohesively. A waterway cuts through the city, flowing into a large lake. The concrete landscape is balanced with lots of parks, greenery and wetlands but because the land is relatively flat, it does not look lush.
Putrajaya International Convention Center
The Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC; Malay: Pusat Konvensyen Antarabangsa Putrajaya) is the main convention centre in Putrajaya, Malaysia. PICC building is located on the top of Taman Puncak Selatan in Precinct 5. PICC receives a yearly average of more than 230,000 delegates and 15,000 visitors around the world since 2006. The Convention Centre, designed to incorporate and reflect 135,000 sqm contiguous of space and occupied a site of nearly 1.3M square feet, making it one of Malaysia’s largest Convention Centres, is the perfect choice for having differing types of events, functions or corporate meetings. Be it large or small scale agendas, we have vast range of spaces that will cater to your specific needs.
3. Financial Aid & Guide to Fundraising
The steps :After you are registered and accepted as Delegate in AYIMUN you will received your LoA. You can use your LoA as the attached page on the Sponsorship Proposal. You can submit your sponsorhip Proposal to your school or university, alumnae group, or lecturer funding, or even local government.
4. Travel Arrangements, Hotels and Food
- Delegates are required to make their own arrangements for flight ticket to and from Malaysia, as well as for accommodation during the conference. However, AYIMUN provides Airport Assistance, shuttle bus from the Airport to the hotel, and PICC for full accommodation delegates.
- Non accommodation delegates could use local public transport such as Taxi, Train, and LRT* and MRT* or GRAB (Online Taxi similar to UBER).
*Only Available in Kuala Lumpur
- AYIMUN provides all delegates meals with a variety of options based on the delegates preference such as vegetarian food or the other special dietary needs caused by the health conditions. Delegates are responsible for their own food preferences, AYIMUN only give precautions.
- AYIMUN provides delegates with 5-star and 4-star hotel accomodation with a sharing room for 2 or 3 persons (full accomodation delegates only). Hotels allocation will fully decided by the committee. Special request regarding hotels will be accommodated as long as needed and suitable.
- All fees are non-refundable (TnC for refund).
- The provision of payment will be informed in the letter of agreement that will be provided by the committee.
REFUND Terms and Conditions
- For cancellation due to sickness, death, natural disasters, and conflict, the delegates will be given a 100% refund maximum 60 days before the event.
- For cancellation due to visa rejection, the delegates will get 100% refund. The delegates should inform approximately 45 days before the event.