1. Application Overview
OverviewAYIMUN is committed to connecting youth leaders of the world. We are encouraging youth leaders who are ready to tackle the world issues by contributing in ideas and solutions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. AYIMUN 2020 come with 10 councils, more than 2000 delegates expected, 2 full day of meeting sessions, prestigious diplomatic dinner, fun and awesome inspiring speakers.
- Asia Youth International MUN (AYIMUN) welcomes youth between the ages of 17 and 25 years old from all over the world who wants to have experience in Model UN or have high interest in global affairs and world diplomacy to be the delegates of Asia Youth International MUN.
- The delegates must be enrolled in High School/ University Students or graduate of High School/ University or must be enrolled in International Organizations/ Institutions/ Companies.
Country and Council AssignmentCountry and council assignments are determined by a variety of factors, including motivation letter, Model United Nations experience and quota of council. If you are not assigned in one of the councils you requested, delegates will be allocated in their second or third council preferences. However, If the quota is full the committee has the right to allocate to the other council.
Putrajaya is Malaysia’s third and latest Federal Territory. Built on an expensive marshland and former oil palm estate in Selangor, the city spans an area of almost 5,000 hectares and lies 25 km from Kuala Lumpur. Putrajaya takes over the administrative functions of the capital city Kuala Lumpur and is part of the Multimedia Super Corridor project of the Malaysian government. Much organization and planning have gone into the development of Putrajaya as a modern city with the latest communication technologies and progressive infrastructure. The streets are elegantly designed with a European feel, along with well-paved roads while the government buildings are a blend of modern architecture with Islamic arts. Commercial, authoritative and residential areas have been divided into precincts that blend into each other cohesively. A waterway cuts through the city, flowing into a large lake. The concrete landscape is balanced with lots of parks, greenery and wetlands but because the land is relatively flat, it does not look lush.
Putrajaya International Convention Center
The Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC; Malay: Pusat Konvensyen Antarabangsa Putrajaya) is the main convention centre in Putrajaya, Malaysia. PICC building is located on the top of Taman Puncak Selatan in Precinct 5. PICC receives a yearly average of more than 230,000 delegates and 15,000 visitors from around the world since 2006. The Convention Centre, designed to incorporate and reflect 135,000 sqm contiguous of space and occupied a site of nearly 1.3M square feet, making it one of Malaysia’s largest Convention Centres, is the perfect choice for having differing types of events, functions or corporate meetings. Be it large or small scale agendas, it has a vast range of spaces that will cater to your specific needs.
MalaysiaThe conference will be hosted in Malaysia. Malaysia has a multi-ethnic, multicultural, and multilingual society. The original culture of the area stemmed from indigenous tribes that inhabited it, along with the Malays who later moved there. Substantial influence exists from Chinese and Indian culture, dating back to when foreign trade began. Other cultural influences include the Persian, Arabic, and British cultures.
3. Financial Aid & Guide to Fundraising
The steps :
After you are registered and accepted as Delegate in AYIMUN you will receive your LoA. You can use your LoA as the attached page on the Sponsorship Proposal. You can submit your sponsorship Proposal to your school or university, alumnae group, or lecturer funding, or even local government.
4. Travel Arrangements, Hotels and Food
- Delegates are required to make their own arrangements for flight tickets to and from Malaysia, as well as for accommodation during the conference. However, AYIMUN provides Airport Assistance, shuttle bus from the Airport to the hotel, and venye for full accommodation delegates.
- Non-accommodation delegates could use local public transport such as Taxi, Train, and LRT* and MRT* or GRAB (Online Taxi similar to UBER).
Food OptionsAYIMUN provides all delegates meals with a variety of options based on the delegates preference such as vegetarian food or other special dietary needs caused by the health conditions. Delegates are responsible for their own food preferences, AYIMUN only gives precautions.
Hotel AccommodationsAYIMUN provides delegates with a sharing room for 2 or 3 persons (full accommodation delegates only). Hotels allocation willfully decided by the committee. Special request regarding hotels will be accommodated as long as needed and suitable.
- All fees are non-refundable (TnC for refund).
- The provision of payment will be informed by the committee. All delegates in AYIMUN are required to abide by the rules of AYIMUN to ensure the comfort and safety of the delegates.
As an event organised by Non-Governmental Organisation we are also required to implement the Term and conditions of AYIMUN.Refund Policy (at the latest 60 days before the event) delegate can request for refund by their own merits if :
- Visa Rejection;
- Chronic Disease
- Family Loss
- Conflict in the country: War, natural disaster, travel banknote: Delegates will be in charged for any international transfer fee, The refund process will take up to 60 days.